Friday, March 23, 2007

About to leave...

I can't believe how quickly time has flown by... Franco and I leave TOMORROW for Africa. Thank you to everyone's prayers and well wishes... I haven't had time lately to even check blog let alone post so I apologize if I've been ignoring anyone.

I am really looking forward to leaving for 2 weeks... long flights but I really don't mind them - it's all part of the travel experience and I LOVE that!

We met with a friend of ours (Joe) today who's from Windsor, but has been in Africa for the last 2 years with Christ's Hope. We got to see pictures and he was able to give us a better idea of what to expect when we get there.

It looks like we'll be able to travel to Kenya as well so we'll be in Uganda for about 6 days total and Kenay for 5. We'll travel back and forth by bus which is about a 7hr trip but you get to see the whole country side which is supposed to be beautiful.

We found out that we will definitely have access to bottled water which is great news and that there is lots of local fruit readily available so I'm not so concerned about the food. Joe told us that the banana's and pineapple are amazing so I'm looking forward to that.

Well...this is a quick one but we've got lots left to do so I'll try to post when we're there but if not, I'll definitely post when we get back. And there WILL be pics! ;)

Have a great couple weeks! Buffy & Rob - we're looking forward to seeing you guys on the 6th! We fly in a few hours before you so we may be able to meet you at the airport with my mom.

Later!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

hey dana! i am so excited for you both. it is awesome to see you guys as a married couple moving towards a dream and goal you both have. i can't imagine the excitement you must be feeling doing ministry work in africa with your new husband :) you are a powerful team and i pray that God directs and guides you so you both know exactly what He wants you guys to do!

~tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!
We are in Venice for a couple of days before heading off to Torino (a little late for the Olympics), Paris and then home!
I hope you have a great time in Africa and that all goes well :) If we don't see you at the airport, we'll see you on Easter at your parents :)
See you soon, stay safe,
Love r&b