Friday, February 9, 2007

Updates

Well, Michael has officially been promoted to Corporal. He called last Saturday and sounds great. For the most part he's been on base and is looking forward to being home for good.

The weather here in Windsor has DROPPED to well below zero. I believe it was negative 40 degrees celsius a few days now.... BRRRRRRRR!

Franco and I have possible dates for our 2-week trip to Africa. We're looking at leaving from Detroit Saturday March 24 and arriving in Uganda early Monday morning. We would have a 9-hour layover in London (Heathrow) and I'm hoping to meet up with a friend of mine that I met during my last trip to Namibia, she's now married and living in London with her husband. We would leave Uganda on Thursday April 5 and arrive back in Detroit on Good Friday. On our return trip we'll have an overnight layover in London so I think it will be a nice break in between our 8+ hr flights. We're going to look into also flying to Kenya and Tanzania, countries that we may end up working in should we decide to stay for a 1 year term.

It's so exciting to finally have the ball rolling... I have to renew my passport which is horrible timing right now - I may have to take a day off work to do it sometime next week. One of the lawyers here had to get one done a couple weeks ago, he went in to the Passport office around 11am and got a number. He checked back a few times that afternoon and finally went back to the passport office before they close the doors at 4:30. His number didn't get called till around 7pm and there was another 150 people still waiting. I don't think it's QUITE as busy right now but we'll have to wait and see.

Today is my dad's 50th birthday! We're celebrating with a party tomorrow night with family and friends... it was supposed to be a surprise but I guess my dad is taking tips from my mom because he found out. Party poopers those two! It will still be fun - I love celebrating birthdays!

Well, I guess that's it for now... I will definitely keep you all posted on what's going on about Africa. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Rob and Beth's Blog said...

I am looking forward to saluting Corporal Farrah when I return to Windsor :)

And, for an update on the weather... it is 17oC in Valencia today, the sun is shining, and we are thinking of heading down to the beach (5 minute walk from our apartment) for a picnic today. Hope this brings you comfort...

love b

Rob and Beth's Blog said...

Ooops, sorry I made a mistake with the temperature- it's 20oC today (and to be clear, that is above zero)... But to make you feel better, a few clouds have appeared to mar the beautiful blue skies. :)

b