Sunday, October 8, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!





Hi Everyone! I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend and eating lots of turkey! Franco and I didn't leave Windsor on Friday until after 9pm which meant that we arrived in Tobermory around 3am. Surprisingly, Tony & Jeannine (Angelo's parents) were still awake and welcomed us.

Saturday I woke up around 9:30 and sat in the kitchen with Jeannine for a bit. Angelo was the next one to wake up shortly after that...didn't take him long to cut himself (and me!) a slice of that famous Kentucky Butter cake. We let Franco sleep until 11:30 at which point I brought him his own piece of cake - needless to say he woke up with a smile on his face!

We left the house around 2:30, picked up 2 of Angelo's cousins (Charles and Anne-Marie) and went for a "short hike" (see pics). We didn't return until 6:30 and we were all feeling completely exhausted. We all put our comfy clothes on, ate some dinner and then relaxed by watching a movie and looking through pics.

Sunday (today), I was actually able to sleep in! I got myself out of bed around 11:30am and Franco & Angelo were still asleep. I took my time getting ready and then made everyone some french toast (yummy!). Now I'm relaxing at the house while Franco & Angelo do some more exloring. I think we're expecting around 30 people for Thanksgiving dinner tonight so we're definitely looking forward to that.

So far it's been a great weekend (and we haven't even done some shopping yet!). More to come...

1 comment:

Rob and Beth's Blog said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dana & Franco! I've only been to Tobermory in the summer but autumn looks beautiful!
Love R & B