Monday, July 24, 2006

5 days left?!

My wedding is 5 days away...unbelievable! Few details still left to finish but it WILL get done! I have a lot of people asking me if I'm nervous yet...and the answer is NO. I'm excited, but I don't think I have time to be nervous or anxious just yet. I am very much looking forward to when my dad and I are standing outside the sanctuary waiting for our cue to walk down the aisle. I think it is at that point that my stomach might develop those butterflies and I'll get that "nervous" feeling, but the reason I'm looking forward to it is that at that point, there will be no more planning, no more appointments or deadlines...it will be time to enjoy the incredible day that God has set up for us and let everything happen as it may.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! It's incredible to think that a week from now, Franco and I will be relaxing at OUR house (well, at this time of the morning we will probably still be sleeping)!

I'm working today and tomorrow and then the rest of the week will devoted to finishing up any last minute details, going to appointments, picking up flowers and chair covers, etc.etc.

There are moments when I just want to jump up and start dancing because of how excited I am!!

Franco had his bachelor party yesterday and he had an awesome time! He was totally blessed with the opportunity to hang out with all his closest friends and just be guys! I guess at one point they had like 12 guys in the pool all swimming in the same direction in order to get a whirlpool effect. They had a huge poker tournament and lots of BBQ. My dad made his famous chili which I heard he made EXTRA hot that day...

All in all Franco and I have just been truly enjoying this season in our lives. The overwhelming love and support that we've gotten from friends and family has been awesome.

Well, that's it for now, don't know if I'll have another chance to update before but if you're reading this, there's a good chance that you are one of those precious friends that I will get to celebrate with at the wedding.

See you there!

2 comments:

samfabio said...

Dana,

congratulations my friend! blessings

Heather ~ said...

ya, so ... it doesn't look like you've updated this thing yet since your wedding. i'm sure you guys have been busy doing "other things" instead though!! ha ha (i'm sure you guys will be getting "sex" jokes for at least the 1st couple weeks you're back!) te-he.

Later girlie!
Heather ~