Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Taking Root


Franco and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary!! Last Friday he had flowers delivered to my work (they are a beautiful spring bouquet with my favorites - Gerbera daisies!), and they still look beautiful today! I took him to an Italian restaurant (Spago’s for those of you familiar with Windsor) and we had a great time and wonderful food. He also surprised me with a gorgeous art print by one of my favorite artists. All in all, it was a wonderful day, an incredible night and I am so incredibly blessed and thankful for the man that God has brought into my life!

On a different note..

Looking back over this past year, I see a pattern in the things that God’s been doing in my life. I believe that He’s been taking all the things that I believe, and He’s been sifting them. Let me try to explain what I mean.

When I became a believer, my personality at the time was a perfectionist. Not only am I the first born and therefore have a bit of that naturally, but I was also raised by my mother who was very much a perfectionist herself, and expected it of me. So throughout my entire childhood, I excelled at everything I did because I didn’t feel like I had a choice. Academics, sports, extra-curricular activities - you name it. So when I became a believer, I didn’t allow myself the option of being a “baby Christian”... I took the things that I was taught and I learned to excel at “being a Christian”. So a lot of the things that I learned and believed became truth to me but only in my mind. They didn’t have the chance to actually take root because I basically “fast-forwarded” myself through this process. Two & a half years after becoming a believer, I was baptized in the Holy Spirit and my life changed. My salvation became real to me and within 6 months, everything about my life was different - especially my insides. From that time until now, I believe that Gods truth has naturally been taking root as I learn and grow in my relationship with Him. However, over this past year, I have been noticing specific truths that God has been stripping from my mind and planting in my heart as if it’s something new that I’ve never known before. It’s caused me to be stretched to the limits at times and it’s forcing me to completely rely and trust on the truths that I do know.

It’s been a humbling and incredible experience and I am so thankful for the process.

4 comments:

colleen said...

is that you and franco in the pic? love your red dress! sounds like a wonderful, romantic celebration of your first year. God bless you, love, colleen

Dana said...

haha - not yet! however I am determined that one day - we will be just as graceful on the dance floor...lol...

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»