Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Weekend Away!







What a trip! This past weekend Franco and I went up to Tobermory to visit with good friends of his. For those of you who have never been there (this was my first trip) this place is so incredibly beautiful! We had such an great time...our hosts were some of the most hospitable and generous people that I've met and their home was beautiful and welcoming. I am extremely surprised that I didn't gain 20lbs after eating all of the wonderful food that Jeannine prepared for us...especially her famous Kentucky Butter Cake...I am even more surprised that Franco was willing to share that!

The sunsets (as you can see) were breathtaking. On Saturday we took a 3 hour hike that brought us to those 70 foot cliffs that you can see. The water from that view makes you feel like you're somewhere tropical. On Monday we left around 2pm and took our time driving back...we made a few stops - one at this amazing candle shop and then we stopped at Sauble Beach for a couple hours where we shopped for a bit and then took a long walk along the beach. It was such a perfect day for that and I think even Franco might have gotten a little sun!

It was a very relaxing weekend that made it very difficult to return to work today. This is definitely a place that I would love to visit again (hopefully for a much longer period of time) and I would highly recommend it! Altho we didn't go scuba diving this time..apparently this place is the scuba diving capitol of Ontario or Canada (forgive me for being unsure of my facts), but it's one of those...lots of shipwrecks to explore!

For the record...I cannot take credit for these pics..Franco's friend Angelo took them with his digital...I on the other hand have to wait until I get my film processed!

7 comments:

Smat said...

Gorgeous pics! I look forward to seeing yours! It is always hard to come back to work after having an awesome getaway weekend eh? Glad you had an awesome time Dana! Always need time for relaxation...
:)

Heather said...

ya ... awesome pics. I really like the one where Franco is standing on the ledge below & you looking down at him (or should I say gazing down at him) ~ aw. Sweet.

Dana said...

Gazing eh? lol...keep talking Heather...now it's our turn to razz you!! ;)

Heather said...

razz away !! you have to figure out who my guy is first. it just kind of happened out of no where. it's almost like when you put 2 magnets close enough together, the energy between the two kind of just sucks them together out of no where. that's exactly how it felt. i would have to honestly say things have been nothing less than perfect the whole way. it's pretty amazing and he is so good to me. i'm almost waiting for someone to pinch me.

Talaya said...

Wow! It is absolutely gorgeous there! I'm glad you had a wonderful time...good to have you back though! :)

Dana said...

Awww...thanks for the lovin' T!

gatebeautiful said...

you know, im learning something about love from John 17...no greater love than this..that a man should lay down his life for onother...thats deep, you know why? i can give you any material stuff and theres a way to get it back...but when one gives up his life for onother, thats the ultimate best, there is nothing left to give, he has given it all, you cant give anything else once you have given your life, the only reason you can give in the first place is coz you have life, the breath of God in you...
thats the love that we should have for each other...but my point in this is seeing how you and franco are so in love makes me think about what Gods intention for love between man and woman...you are not ready to tie your soul to someone till you are willing to die for them, sounds deep right? well, chrsit did, so can we...loving your mate with the portion of your heart that God complements means...giving your life up up for them...just a thought.