Monday, April 11, 2005

What a feeling!

Falling in love with God has got to be the most incredible feeling in the world! When you fall in love with God, all the promises that you read in the bible become truth ("...seek first the Kingdom of God and all these others shall be added to you.."). You begin to see things - and situations - and people very differently when you’re walking in love with God. Now, this doesn’t mean that everything is perfect and there are no problems...Jesus warned us that we would experience trials and tribulations as long as we were alive here on earth. It also doesn’t mean that you no longer have to work at developing your relationship with God because, just as in a marriage you have to work everyday to grow in your love-walk with your spouse, the same is true with God.
What it DOES mean, is that everything you see becomes clearer, everything you do has purpose, the situations you face don’t cause anxiety or worry ("..do not be worried about anything, but in everything through prayer and petition, and with thanksgiving, present your requests to God and the peace of God that passes all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.."), the burden you carry becomes light and you are filled with an indescribable joy and peace. You become fulfilled and complete as an individual and you feel the assurance of being part of an eternal family. Also, the blessings that you have in your life (your job, relationships, etc.) become "icing on the cake" instead of being the "cake" which means that you’re not dependant on these things to keep you happy or to sustain your life.
When I think of this, I think of Paul in the bible who was tortured, jailed, beaten, ridiculed (among other things) and yet through it all, he was joyful, and at peace. He found his Source for everything to be God and so, regardless of the circumstances, he was filled with an indescribable joy and the peace that passes all understanding.
Now as a person who fights with her "flesh" everyday, I do not mean to come across as though I have already obtained all these things or that I don’t struggle with them still. What I am saying is that I’ve "crossed the line" in my understanding of it so that now, it becomes a daily (and sometimes hourly) choice for me to believe and walk in. As long as I continue to love and serve God, that choice will always be there and in turn, that joy and peace will also always be there. What an awesome God we serve!

A totally off-track side-note/tip: When going through a touchless car wash in a convertible, make sure that you’ve put the top down properly and that everything is sealed.

2 comments:

Franz said...

Amen to that sista :) It's amazing to look back and see how God has worked in my life and how His promises have always proven true, even in the times where I seem to put my love for Him and desire to fulfill what His will for my life. It's when I look and act in love, outpouring love, in everything that I do that brings about that feeling and joy that you are talking about and over whelming peace that it brings in my heart. I have come to realize as well that if I want to find more of His will for my life is just to LOVE in a deeper digree and spend more time, just as with a friend or relationship:) It's amazing:))

Heather said...

Awesome!!! I'm speechless ...